View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #48
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALISBURYCHEVROLET View Post
Like I said earlier. It is what it is. Here is what I do know. I go to Chevrolet meetings and I have a little more information than the average salesperson when it comes to availability and what the early production numbers will be. if a dealer wishes to give employee pricing or discounts on Camaro's that is obviously his right. I did know that the ramp up was going to be very slow..I do not think we will ever agree on what is the best way to handle this situation. I know one thing alot of people will be dissapionted by the fact that they will not get their cars built as fast as they want or were promised. I have been in this business a long time and have seen what dealers do when they take deposits. Many end up moving people up on the list and alot of people get upset when they left a deposit first. I did not want to get into that game and I decided to not take deposits. you can flame me all you want but the fact is that more people will be pissed when they left a deposit and the dealer cannot get them a car. It is early yet but I think in time you will see even in this forum that people will get jerked around by people promising them the world. I on the other hand have made no promises. I ordered 2 cars so far and put them on Ebay. When more product becomes available..I am sure things will change. I understand some of the anger that I have recieved but to be honest I think it is getting a little out of hand. You can personally attack someone you have never met online and that is fine. I posted my number on the forum and was open and still am to speak with anyone that may call. I did not join the forum to sell cars. I joined the forum to give my side of some comments that I saw posted. I do not see many people that personally put themselves out their and do it. I just think the attacks on my character and my decisions are a little out of line. I have not been "bailed" out by anyone. I am a normal guy just like you who happens to sell cars for a living. But then again that statement already makes me an enemy to most of you. Enough said. To the people that have sent me nice emails and understand the situation I Thank You. To the others that are using me to vent all the anger they have about the lack of production.All I have to say is I am sorry you feel that way. Dan
Nobody's attacking you personally, just your way of doing business. Frankly, I think your trolling here looking for desperate folks to bid up your ebay cars, thats not a judgment, just an observation. I think your business method is short-sighted as I personally, have almost reached the end of my rope with this pre-order nonsense. If I bail on this car it won't hurt you in particular, but it will be one less build for the company as a whole and that makes a difference. I've never believed UAW was the problem with GM, but I do think dishonest salespeople play a role. I know I hate having to worry about being taken advantage of when buying a car from a dealer. This has kept me out of the showroom in the past, and It might keep me from buying this time around as well.