View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #70
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichP View Post
It is going to take a court case(aka $$$$$) on your expense to prove GM is illegally voiding the warranty. This will take some time of course and the car won't be fixed during the period(unless the owner shells out the money for the repair) and there is no guarantee you are going to win. You'll need expert witnessed to go against GM engineers and lawyers
Read my above post, there are other avenues other than full on lawyer vs lawyer.

If after finding a mod friendly dealer (they exist my dealer is tune friendly they just want it back to the stock tune before they troubleshoot), going to the manufacturer, up the supervisor chain, better business bureau and / or bureau of automotive repair, small claims court may be an option (limit is 10k in my state).

And to be clear I'm not taking about the cases where your mod was actually directly responsible for the failure, in that case you gotta pay to play. I'm tallking about the denials where just because you modded your vechicle they want to deny coverage or the mod you did do was in no way related to the failure ( cold air induction system and your window regulator broke).