View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 08:27 AM   #3
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
I take it this doesn't usually happen? If it was the converter locking or something you'd get that every time - so I'm going to assume that's not the case.

It sounds like you might have tickled the knock sensor pretty good and it sucked out some timing for a bit. I didn't hear a stumble (actual mis-firing) but more of just laying over and then recovering, which is what you'll get if the PCM grabs a bunch of timing out from under you (it recovers pretty fast - stock tune will roll that timing back in much slower). The fact that you mentioned it was very hot and humid may support this this theory, as heat will lower the threshold for knock anyways.

If it was a one time thing I wouldn't get too concerned, but if that starts being repeatable, you're gonna want to get on some sort of data acquisition platform and see what's going on.

Good lick against the Mustang!
Thanks alot I appreciate the help. This is the first time down the track with the long tubes and my new tuners full trans and dyno together. It did it on every pass. I thought i could feel something but I wasn't sure because with the helmet on and the exhaust it was only when I watched the vid that I heard it. Believe me....I lost that race by 1000th of a second .we both thought I won till we seen the slip. I did beat a Shelby Gt 350 r by a car. So do you think that lay over which is a better description is from the heat and humidity. I'm wondering why it would o only do it at that point..i could feel the car stop pulling for an instant. I think that cost me a mph or 2 and maybe a tenth.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote