View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Thanks alot I appreciate the help. This is the first time down the track with the long tubes and my new tuners full trans and dyno together. It did it on every pass. I thought i could feel something but I wasn't sure because with the helmet on and the exhaust it was only when I watched the vid that I heard it. Believe me....I lost that race by 1000th of a second .we both thought I won till we seen the slip. I did beat a Shelby Gt 350 r by a car. So do you think that lay over which is a better description is from the heat and humidity. I'm wondering why it would o only do it at that point..i could feel the car stop pulling for an instant. I think that cost me a mph or 2 and maybe a tenth.
If it does it every time I definitely would want to get some scans to see what's going on (a $20 bluetooth OBDII adapter and free Torque app on your phone would get you there if you have no other options). Depending on what it is, I would bring it back to your tuner for further review. I would send them a link to your video and ask for their input.

I do think lay over is more appropriate - I don't hear it misfiring at all, it sounds like it loses some power, and then comes back in. No hint of that in the first three gears, just 4th where the load is the highest. It almost sounds like the converter locking - I don't know if that's a thing with 6L80's or not, but it's about the right spot in the pull to do that. I would make sure it's not that before going any further.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote