View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #7
usmc8411
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Robinson View Post
I had a '95 Trans Am with the manual trans. Never had a problem with the clutch or grinding or the pedal sticking half way down and I powershifted many times. The clutch had 85,000 miles on it when I sold it. I do not know if the current trans in the 5th gen Camaro are the same. I have a hard time believing that this is an old issue, with as many problems as some are experiencing. These six speeds seem to have problems across the board regardless of which vehicle they're in. Something just doesn't sound right to me having problems with Transmissions, clutches and axels. Just maybe putting somewhat inferior parts are cost cutting measures. We may not have had the horsepower in the 60's that are in these cars, but they were heavier and had more mass to move with nowhere near the problems. Snapping and twisting drive shaft, yes, but not like this.

The 93-97 fbodies had different slave cylinders that didnt go all the way to the throwout bearing. They were traditional fork style.

Id bet most of the people not experiencing this problem are still running mostly stock. I noticed it big time on my 98 when I installed headers.

Anyways, its a good indicator of all the newb, johnny come lately camaro owners this gen....lol. Just like ones that think a cai is going to give you 40hp ect ect.

But, I agree enough with the sticking clutch threads already.
usmc8411 is offline   Reply With Quote