View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
RRrumbLE

Drives: 2011 CGM LS3 Hurst 2SS/RS Camaro
Grand-Am races Road America in 2011!

Hey all!

I just got an email from Grand-Am.com a couple hours ago announcing that Grand-Am will be joining the Nationwide Series at Road America in 2011!

Both Grand-Am series will take part on the weekend of June 23-26. Stevenson Motorsports runs two Camaros in each series, including the legendary Sunoco Camaros in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. The Sunoco Camaros take on strong Mustang efforts from Roush and others, plus a Challenger from TPN/Blackforest Racing and a bunch of BMW M3s and Porsches. From all accounts, Stevenson Motorsports is one of the friendliest pro racing teams in the country, and #6 Sunoco Camaro driver Matt Bell belongs to the Camaro5 forum!

Don't know how many midwestern racing fans there are around here, but Road America is outstanding. Besides being the closest top-notch road course to my home, it's also one of the very best in North America.

I'm gonna plan on making it there one way or another. There should be space at the circuit for a Camaro Corral, and a strong Camaro5 contingent would be awesome. Road America usually provides a time during intermissions for fans to drive their road cars around the race track a few times, though not quite at race pace.

So, especially for those of you in the Midwest who can't quite make it to Phoenix for Camaro5Fest II, this is a great opportunity for a fun get together at a great event.

Lemme know whatcha think!