View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 07:11 AM   #13
Koolwip
Steve & Stefani

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Tag:

I did the poll, just so you know I am one of the ones ni the poll as of now. I selected Driver/Pass./Amp/12" sub. I recall you saying something about a 10" sub on the Pass. side.? I am in for both sides and the amp.

Let me know when I can give Gus a call to get it done. I obviously want to wait until we get the prices.

Let me know if you need any help.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Hey guys.

A few of us got to talking about subwoofers, amps, boxes, etc. and adding to our stereo systems last night while out at Biffs.

Koolwhip and I ran over to Gus (from Custom Sounds) and spoke with him regarding a "group buy." This was mainly for subwoofer speaker boxes for the trunks of our Camaros. But, he mentioned doing a deal on speakers too. I'll get more in detail with him on that later.

He has not given me any pricing info as of yet, but said he'd get some #'s down on paper. I think he would rather want to see how many people are interested in doing this before going in on a group buy and giving out prices too soon.

However, he DID say he was more than happy to get a deal going with us on the boxes to start.

With that, I dropped off my custom subwoofer enclosure that one of Gus's employees, Brandon, made for my Camaro. All you guys out at Biffs have seen it and you know it's a pretty good quality box and sounds great. They are getting all the specs from that box to make more just like it.

*** That box was specially made for my JL W3 V2. Brandon said he could easily make the enclosure to fit other sizes of speakers (with larger magnets, mounting depths, etc), so we can ALL be covered. The box was mainly for the left side enclosure.

I want to get a right side enclusure made as well like Justin.

So, let's see how many folks out there are interested in getting the boxes made.

If you are interested in more than a box, post up and let me know. I'll compile the info and head back to Gus with the info (or just point him to this thread) and we'll see what we can do.

So far, I know these folks are interested....

Justin / Skooter
Koolwhip / Steve
Daryl (board name?)
Tag / ME!

Anyone else interested, POST UP! Let's get this group buy going!!!
Let us know what you want. Speakers, Amps, boxes, etc. Just toss in all the info.

(I would not worry too much about brand of speaker or amp at this point. This is mainly to gain interest in boxes. But, if enough people are interested in subs, maybe he can work a deal on a specific sub for all of us - same for amps).