View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #12445
sho928

Drives: Porsche 928 S4, Mustang GT vert
Post per
JusticePete Needs Lowering
I drove this across 2/3s of the USA. Detroit, Chicago, Philly, NYC have some of the worst street in the USA. No problems. The driveways in the mountain areas of Pennsylvania, no problem. A good portion of this was driven with three kids, my wife and a trunk full of stuff.
"I think the Z/28 needs to be LOWERED. It will improve the CG and I have yet to wear a hole in a CAT. When I do I'll replace it just like tires, brake pads, rotors, clutches, SRF brake fluid, oil... The Z/28 needs camber plates. Can you imagine driving the Z/28 with -3.5 front camber, toe OUT .5 per side, max out the caster, -0.50 rear camber and toe IN .10 per side? "

That is a cool ride; looks like it will suck up pavement patches, kudos to your driving skills!
I like the Camber plates Pedders came up with.

I have the same alignment setting except for -1.5 at the back, it works well with my Bridgestone R1 rubber, I lost some stopping power on the street (I make it up in trail braking on the track) due to the front camber, but got it back by letting some air out (bigger contact patch).
The toe out makes for lively steering over pavement grooves but transients and turn in are so much quicker, not to mention better tracking and less friction on turns.

I need to try some SRF next (have fluid boil with 600-degree blue using Hawk HT-14 pads)

I do not have ground clearance for a car wash, and I am learning to keep my distance when driving behind other cars on the highway (the car in front never brakes or dodges road junk, thus if running to close have no time for evasive maneuvers).

Cool thought need some tungsten rub strips on front valence for some sparks under braking.

You think Pedders will find much to improve in the Z28 once it hits the street?
sho928 is offline   Reply With Quote