View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #134
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Part of it too might be attributed to the internet too... Being a Camaro fan in today's time with the ability to not only find tons of information on current models and RPOs but also past history makes us more knowledgeable now. Back then (not to make you sound old) aside from the dealerships the best resource was probably magazines which definitely doesn't give the full exposure that we have with today's connected-ness. Lap times announced and we've already seen 3 different "reviews" for the 1LE So in any case - we'll see what happens from here on out -- will 9th gen Camaro owners know what a 1LE is or not? That's the question
That's a very good point. I honestly hadn't thought about that. If I'd had the internet back then I'd have certainly heard of it all.

Well, it would be almost impossible to bring a Z28 now. They have put so much into making the ZL1 the ultimate track car. And the 1LE has shown it's moxy. To make a Z28 would mean it kind of has to fall somewhere between almost. If the ZL1 would have leaned straight line rather than state of the art road course then the Z28 would have a place.

I think I just derailed this thread.