View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 02:07 AM   #635
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckholt82 View Post
This is the quick short version if you are interested and if so get ahold of me for more details or wiring diagrams or whatever. Ill do my best to help. Ok on my 2010 camaro i bought a steering wheel that had radio controls on it. The car was equipped already with the wiresfor it but the bcm would not work with it unless programmed to do so by dealer. Which for me i called at least 20 and only 2 knew what i was talking about and the both wanted $250 plus to program it so i said f that. So i read and read about the cheap android radios which i have and looked at my wiring diagrams and other info about the controls and wires. And blah blah blah. And after ALL that time i spent i figured out that all you have to do is remove the air bag from steering wheel and cut the hot wire that feeds the radio controls and connect that wire to the ground wire right beside it and then cut the othe end that leaves from the controls to the bcm but dont cut it at the steering wheel cut it about 2 inches away from the bcm then tie it to the blue wire or whatever wire color it is for the swc. And on the swc headphone wire (what i did but probably not needed) cut that end off and ground the bare wire to a ground and cap the other 2 off or if you dont have the single swc wire on your radio then use on of the 2 i said to cap off and tie it to the wire by the bcm. Ill make a drawing tomorrow that explains it way better if this is not good enough. And remember if you need to know what wire to cut at the bcm then just ask me. Make sure you tell me the year make model etc. Its pretty easy even tho it sounds difficult. Also remember to disconnect the battery cable. Im also about to if possible bypass the onstar crap and tie the gps wire to my radio and the 3 bottons to the radio and make them control the phone options and something else. Oh and make tje factory mic work or at least reuse the wire harnesses to make a different mic work. If you need to call or text me let me know and ill send you my info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Nice!

I have a frankenstein of a car.

2011 1lt/rs with 2014 Mylink radio

2012 ZL1 dash is going in ( when I find time )with 2012 ZL1 stearing wheel

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote