View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #9
FwyFlyer

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Thanks for the advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf80 View Post
No reason to do the dawn wash. First, it will not remove the previous applications of Zaino. It is polymer based, not wax based, so dawn won't break it down. Second, you want to minimize the number of times you dawn wash it, I have heard that too many washes can dry out your paint. You don't want that. Mind if I ask what color your DD is? If you really want to get the previous coats of Zaino off, you can do so with iso-propyl alcohol. Why do you need Z-PC? Are there alot of swirls / scratches in the car?
Thanks for the info Beowulf.
Since I was getting the AIO and PC I thought I would give them a try. The DD is silver (10 years old) it looked nice and clean after the clay and a shot of Z6. I then did a coat of Z5 and another Z6. The paint had a few scratches and more than a few chips from rocks and such on the hood and bumper. I hit it again last night with 5 & 6. I can’t tell where the scratches are anymore. So I’ll do Z2 today and leave it alone for awhile. The car has never looked this good before, problem is……. I keep touching it! It’s so smooth, clean & shiny. I’m impressed with this stuff. The car was detailed when I bought it 5 years ago but I haven’t done anything to it since, besides wash it once in awhile. On a side note, will AIO remove Z2 / Z5?
FwyFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote