View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 09:49 AM   #60
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
Just a perspective from a middle of the road average kinda guy, me. I'm looking at a secondary car to replace my wife's Altima. Kids a re grown and gone and we can do a "nicer" car for her. I'm all over the map but I do know I want a nicer, higher end kind of luxury car for her to use and us to drive on longer trips, going into the city etc.
I was just looking at some Caddys and I was a bit shocked at the prices, I'm a bit out of touch on these. My first thought was I can get a Beemer or MB for that much and in the long run it'll hold value better. Am I right in this assumption? I checked on Autotrader and frankly there aren't a whole lot of used Caddys in the area as we are heavily saturated with imports in Vancouver.
Get what you like/want. Resale won't be terrible on the Cadillac, just maybe not as good as a BMW or Lexus. Resale is only a small part of the picture, you enjoying the vehicle should be the biggest factor.

Frankly, all higher end luxury cars are a waste. They're status symbols. Get a car that does what you want. Sedans with the top trim are damn nice by yesterday's standards. If I were looking at a nice sedan as it sounds like you want for the wife, I'd be all over something like a V6 Accord, Acura, or mid level BMW. That's just my tastes/wallet. But if I had $50k+ kicking around, it would be for a pure sports car. Sure as hell wouldn't buy a boat with leather seats.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote