View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 01:40 PM   #64
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
To be brutally honest, I don't think the ATS-V has enough HP, the M3/M4 are underrated and I think run low 12s. It the seams like it's built to "compete" instead of "beat" the competition to me.
According to GM marketing (for what it's worth) the ATS-V with a manual hits 138mph in 15 seconds. By comparison Car & Driver clocked the M3 manual at 130mph in 15.6 seconds. I'll await independent reviews to see if this acceleration advantage holds true in the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
Just a perspective from a middle of the road average kinda guy, me. I'm looking at a secondary car to replace my wife's Altima. Kids a re grown and gone and we can do a "nicer" car for her. I'm all over the map but I do know I want a nicer, higher end kind of luxury car for her to use and us to drive on longer trips, going into the city etc.
I was just looking at some Caddys and I was a bit shocked at the prices, I'm a bit out of touch on these. My first thought was I can get a Beemer or MB for that much and in the long run it'll hold value better. Am I right in this assumption? I checked on Autotrader and frankly there aren't a whole lot of used Caddys in the area as we are heavily saturated with imports in Vancouver.

I do know that in my previous career working with European cars they were stupid expensive to maintain so it may be better to take a hit on future trade in and spend less on up keep. Anyone here have first hand experience to share in this?
Dollar for dollar, feature for feature the Cadillac is less. There are however some features offered by the Germans that Cadillac doesn't offer. Not to mention huge negotiating potential with Cadillac right now as inventory is piling up.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote