Thread: Heater core
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #20
Henry G.

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX,CAI,DynomaxVT,RX CC
WELL here we are again. 3rd heater core failure in 13 months. Puked boiling hot coolant onto my wifes foot again this weekend burning her foot, AGAIN. The coolant smell coming thru the vents makes me feel sick.
GM customer care sucks. They are stonewalling me, giving me no help, telling me the car is out of warranty now (not true, the part was guaranteed for a year, it lasted 9 months, and the first failure happened at 34k, in the warranty period. GM customer care's job is just to keep telling you no no no and stonewall you into submission.
I've contacted a Lemon Law Firm for help. At least a quart of coolant has leaked into the carpet of the car again. I'm so pissed. The dealer is being cool, but Gm customer care sucks. Does anyone at GM want to get involved out there? This to me is a clear case that qualifies for the California Lemon law. Anyone else have heater core failures? I will start a social media campaign and even contact the local news channel "problem solver" guy if I don't start getting results.
GM customer care actually told me that I should just trade the car in (at my own expense) if I didn't like the car. WHAT F-ING NERVE!!!!

Here is a pic of the TSB number PIC5754A: http://s53.photobucket.com/user/nmin...6ea04.png.html

So Gm knows there is a problem....but they don't want to address it properly. Gee, isn't how all these people got killed in ignition switch accidents...ignoring dangerous and known problems with their vehicles?

Last edited by Henry G.; 07-25-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Henry G. is offline   Reply With Quote