View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #11
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedout010 View Post
ive had several buddy's (3 camaro and 1 c5) whom all had sts kits. ranging from stock motors to strokers. all had continous problems. all changed and went differnt routes within a year of builds. i wouldnt touch em but thats my opinion. to each their own
You're perfectly entitled to your opinion - just wanted to make sure you weren't just spouting off what you've heard others say just because you heard them say it.

Personally, I think its a good idea in theory. I don't like the muffler replacement part of it though - if I did one, I would use a single turbo and put it where the H-pipe is. Run a Y-pipe into the turbo, and a Y-pipe off of the turbo. It would serve as an X-pipe, but also give the turbo itself a bit better spool from the scavenging of the Y-pipe, and from it not being QUITE so far back.

And I would put a metal shield under it to keep it from getting hit by rocks, water, etc.
- X

P.S. - Of course, this is all academic because if I ever did go forced induction, it would be through an eaton or similar blower.

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote