View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 06:44 AM   #9
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna-Be_Fast View Post
The Nitrous I want to stay away from ... Besides the stories of heads going through the clouds with nitrous I want all the time performance not flip the swich an spray for a few seconds.
Besides the stuff you stated I have a Hypertech chip in it. Thats all so far.
As far as 1.6 rockers I'm looking at Edelbrock RPM Xtreme CNC LT4 Heads with 2.02" intakes, Maybe a regular GM LT4 intake, GM LT4 Hot Cam, shorty headers (to legally pass emisions). Its a daily driver so I'd like to keep all the gearing as is.... But at least go after market physically stronger componants in the (manual) trans and rear end.
As far as the t/b bypass and air/egr delete its my understanding that this will yeild from very very little to next to nothing..... is this not true?
I also agree with hooking vs putting on a screeching smoke show. Right now I'm on stock rims (I actually love the way they look on the car. Only wish they made them in chrome, a couple inches taller and a couple inches wider). The rubber is Firestone Firehawks...... Thing is when the wheels do spin (on dry pavement)they don't make a sound.... almost act like the street is wet? But rims and rubber is the easy part, I think I can handle that when the rest of the car has the beef to really need it.
You see anything wrong with the way I plan to do it (piece meal as the $ can be pry'd away from the wife)?
Any thing I could do better for about the same $ ?

while the t/b bypass wont net you a lot of hp alone, you gotta remember that you want your modifications to benefit each other. same thing goes for say, throwing in a huge donkey dick cam and not upgrading the fuel system or getting a tune. the t/b bypass is proven to gain up to 7 hp. while that might not seem like a lot, consider the fact that the intake air was also running about 10* cooler. just like any other mod, it wont always gain you the manufacturer's hp claims, tho im sure they got the numbers they claim ONCE after tuning the shit out of the car.

and im glad you share the mentality of having power all the time...

If you go with the LT4 heads or intake, you must have the other, the LT4 intake manifold is slightly raised over the stock intake and wont work with stock heads and the stock intake manifold wont work with LT4 heads.

however.....if you are planning on spending that kind of money, you can have your stock heads and intake ported and have new valvetrain installed (better than the LT4, cus the LT4 springs arent really all that great), swap out the lifters and cam.

if you are shooting for 400hp, contact Lloyd Elliot about his LE2 package.
his email is nighttrain66@msn.com
and you can scroll down and read about his packages here:
http://www.elliottsportworks.com/lt1.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
If you do decide to go with nitrous oxide, just make sure you don't "blow the welds on your intake manifold". LOL
good one... ha.....ha....ha....
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote