View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 06:09 AM   #14
blumaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS / 1977 Trans AM
I got my car back from the dealer two days ago. I've been busy with work so no time to post a follow-up. Anyway, they called me about three days into to job to tell me that I would need a windshield. I said "Oh, they broke it during removal?". I was told, that no it did not break but the rubber molding was damaged during removal and the moldings are not available separately, they come with the replacement windshield.

Chevy Customer Service has been involved in this even before I dropped the car off for repair so they helped with the bill. I ended up paying just under $1,300 for the repair. Thank you Chevy Customer Service!

Of course it doesn't end there. As soon as they brought my car around I performed an inspection and found that the passenger side roof ditch molding was damaged at the end nearest the windshield. It seems that the little cap at the end of it was missing. Also the plastic cowl cover that meets the bottom of the passenger side of the windshield looks like it was pried up with a metal screw driver. There are numerous dents/gouges in this plastic POS. This is the panel that you remove to change the cabin air filter. Both of these problems were no doubt caused by the glass company that the dealership hired to swap out my windshield. It should be noted that the dealership mechanic did a nice job with the dashboard/interior and now my AC blows ice-cold again.

So I review these problems with the service manager and he is going to make it good by ordering a new roof ditch molding and have the body shop repair the cowl cover. Then I sped off to go back to work.

When I got home that night (Tuesday, yes they had the car for a week) I finally had time to really look the car over. It seems that the windshield was not installed properly. the edge of the glass is touching the drivers side A-pillar. The gap at the top between the glass and the roof is now much larger than it was. And the gap between the glass and the passenger side A-pillar is ~1/2". So the windshield was installed low and to the left. I compared this to my rear window and the gaps are equal all the way around.

So yesterday I brought the car back to the dealer to complain about the windshield and the service manager agrees that this is unacceptable. I now have an appointment with the glass company for next Tuesday. I'm sure they are going to do a fine job repairing this at their own expense...NOT. Can't wait to see what else gets damaged this time.

I will call GM Customer Service today and let them get involved again. I am not paying for yet another car rental as this should have been done correctly in the first place.

Lastly, I will try to post some pics over the weekend.

-Ray

Last edited by blumaro; 05-26-2018 at 10:35 AM.
blumaro is offline   Reply With Quote