View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 07:51 PM   #1
Robjan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
First Track Event...Now What?

Finished my first HPDE event at VIR this week. WOW! What an experience. I'm hooked, no doubt about it. Now that I know what it is all about, I'm thinking about the next steps for my car. First, let me say that I do understand that driving skill is the most important way to improve my track performance. No need to remind me of that. I'm looking for suggestions, recommendations, next steps etc to give me the best platform to learn from. What should I consider to get my car to improve car handling? Again, not looking to set track records, just looking to have a solid track, street legal car. It's not my daily driver, by the way.

The car is a 2010 1SS with 54k miles. Performance mods include CAM, headers, CAI, CAT delete. With tune, it shows 471.5whp and 435.9 torque. It has a Hurst stage 1 lowering kit. All mods were there when I purchased the car. I did update brakes to ST-43's. Prior to track day, I attempted to get a better track oriented alignment. According to the alignment shop, best front camber they could get was LF-1, RF-1 1/4, LR-1 3/8, RR-1 5/16. Tires are BF Goodrich g-force Comp 2 A/S tires. 275/40ZR20 on back and 245/45ZR20 on Front.

Before next track day, I'll have more appropriate tires. I will be adding new tires to my current wheel setup or possibly thinking of a 1LE wheel setup with quality track,street tires (no slicks). What else should I consider? I do realize that sky's the limit really but I'm thinking more about best bang for buck or at least maybe a phase 1, phase 2, phase 3 approach. Any ideas?

Here is a link to one of my better laps. Again, i do realize that I have a lot to learn. It was only my 2nd track day so please be gentle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=feJQ_QvSV0o

Last edited by Robjan; 06-08-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Robjan is offline   Reply With Quote