View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 04:33 PM   #11
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlj10 View Post
Thanks for the response folks. The light bulb finally clicked for me, I think. I had been too worried about pressure on the low side but wasn’t thinking enough about volume from the low side. Makes sense if the volume is low at the tank that the HPFP wouldn’t be happy. I ordered the ZL1 pump and an access door. If only I had foresight to do the in tank pump upgrade when I did those rear cradle bushings, upper control arm bushings, yada, yada. I’ll post back on how it goes. My glass is half fuel (pun intended) that more volume will equate to higher pressure at the rail.
Hey OP, curious if installing the ZL1 pump resolved your issues? I’m currently experiencing a similar problem on the high side and was just about to pull the trigger on a WMI kit but you mentioned that didn’t seem to do the trick. I’m running Stage 3 from Overkill with his included HPFP along with modified fuel lobe and larger injectors. My shop doing the work said “Cannot finalize tuning at this time since car registers knock retard during dyno pull and then erratic fueling and excess knock retard above 6200 RPM. Most likely out of fueling based on reported injector duty cycle of over 30%.” See attached picture. This has been a bit frustrating and wondering if anyone had info for a solution, thanks!
Attached Images

BUILD STATUS: LOADING BOOST . . .
BatmaroBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote