View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 10:12 PM   #11
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by oslouie View Post
Thanks for the heads up. In my research, a lot of guys were saying it would be ok to run without a tune for a while and all it does is make the car run rich. Looks like I'll be hitting up Dynosteve a little sooner than expected. To answer your question, no...I do not have the rear o2 sensors because the cats didn't have o2 bungs (Magnaflow part# 59959) and since I was going to get it tuned out anyways, didn't bother to have bungs welded on.

It is "ok" in the sense you aren't gonna hurt the engine. It does just run a bit rich. But after 2009, GM vehicles have some codes that can set as permanent and the only way to clear them is to correct the problem. Luckily only my o2 heated circuit codes had thrown. I just plugged my rear o2 sensors in and it cleared. And since those codes are tuned out, NOW they won't set a CEL

If your catalyst codes set, the only way to get rid of the CEL would be to have cats and rear o2 sensors that all functioned to clear the code.

My tuner said he has a client with this issue. No cats and his CEL keeps coming on, even though it should be tuned out. Didn't seem to be a ton of info about this when I searched. But I ran hundreds of miles untuned and the engine wasn't any worse off for it
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote