View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
LoPerformance Motorsports
Loperformance Motorsports

Drives: 2011 2LT
Change the stock Backup/Reverse light bulbs to LED's

First let me say that this is not to take away from any venders on this site!!! This is just a DIY project that I thought worked out well for me. If yo want to change the look of your reverse lights. I know these are nothing like the ones that company's like AAC...ect,sells.

I was putting in my Rapid Fire taillights and decided to try a bulb change on the reverse lights. After taking a look, the bulb twists out just like any other bulb socket does.

I had a few LED/SMD lights, that are the same as a 194,168...ect bulb. So, I took the white base off it and had the leads exposed. After looking at the stock bulb, I started pulling the bulb out of the bulb socket. In the pics you will see that the bulbs are the same dia/length. worked the bulb leads into the socket, with it plugged to the wiring harness, worked like a charm. I now have brighter and whiter lights than come stock. The LED's had 5 SMD's per blub. I have a couple of light's ordered with 25 SMD's. I plan on changing to these after they come in. Just thought someone out there may want to do this.

Take note, you have to have the bulb socket plugged into the wiring harness, the leads on the LED/SMD bolb are small and bend easy. But, will set in the same base area as the stock bulb. I did put a small spot or two of silicone on the base of the socket where the light snaps in. Just to make sure it was secure. Good Luck!!
Attached Images

LoPerformance Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote