View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
Thanks for the advice guys, I've been without internets in my new apartment so I'm at the local Barnes & Noble bookstore.

Ya, I've ditched the idea and instead I think I'm going to install hi-flow Eldebrock TPI Runners and intake manifold. Then get a Holley 58 mm Throttle body, some larger injectors, and a hypertech PROM chip to remove the governor and give it a bit more HP. Might throw in a wilder cam too and a nice set of headers.

I've got a 383 stroker (mild cam with a 400 crank.) and a guy on here with a very similar setup (all stock TPI 383 stroker) said that his dyno'd out to 295 HP before flat-lining, most likely due to restricted air flow.

However one question still remains...

Is there a Hi-flow TPI plenium too; and if so, who makes it and where can I get it?

Also this very bookstore has a book I'm thinking of getting called "The chevy small block TPI swapper's guide." It covers details on the SBC L98 and B2L TPI engines.

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote