View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 08:50 PM   #116
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli2011BadToTheBone2SS View Post
I bought my 2SS at 5 years old one owner, it was perfect, with 21,500 miles on it (I think she was scared to drive it lol) everything was perfect until my 1st oil change and Brake job, brakes squeal, runs hotter and it ticks when I start it, GMC dealer (Cadillac Dealership) told me all SS Camaros squeal, I say BS!!!!! my Chevrolet dealership I take my car to said it was BS also, so in the 5 years she owned it she never had the brakes replaced ? I don't believe it, but then again I also believe Chevrolet is putting the wrong weight of oil in it because it hasn't been the same since it's first oil change after I bought it ..... Chevrolet HQ told me to try one more Dealership and if they will not listen to me about my car problems then they will get involved, my car came with Bumper to Bumper Warranty for the next 7 years.

so NO the brakes should not squeal
and NO your car shouldn't tick when you start it (incase anyone else does it)

I race my car that is why I bought it, it took me 5 months to find it, I had a list of what it had to have and I wasn't settling on anything that is going to cost me $30,000 that isn't going to be brand new, I do not like the new rear-ends, they do not look like my 1968 SS Camaro I had at 16, my 2011 reminds me of my 1968 just modified :-) right now I am at 444HP next week it will be 500HP then at the end of the year I hope to have a Supercharger put on it, its all about Speed with me!!
I have ~26500 on my 2011 and the brakes aren't halfway worn yet. So I can tell you the PO probably never had the brakes changed. Why did you? Most members of the forum write of having 50,000 miles before the Brembos are worn enough to warrant a pad change.

My brakes almost never squeal. I have the roller skates, and you should have had them as well. Maybe the dealer swapped them for 2010 pads.

I use the crap out of them. I scare passengers and surprise tailgators when I get so close to a red signal they have to brake before I do (I never have understood why they have to ride a bumper to a stop signal). When my brakes start to feel a bit soft I get up some speed and stomp them two or three times.

For the tick, IDK. Mine doesn't, never has. I've been using Mobil 1 5W30 as recommended by Chevy. I have an LS3 (manual trans). The L99 (auto) has different lifters for the DOD so maybe there is an issue if that's what you have. I have read of some owners having them replaced under warranty.

If you are going to look for work under warranty you might want to scale back your modifications. Once you have the ECU tuned the power train warranty will be void.