View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 09:05 AM   #42
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annatar View Post
My ZL1 is stock. I cannot figure out how use the no lift shift feature, as I've tried it in "Sport" mode and if I keep the foot on the gas the engine just wants to slam against the rev limiter!

We have no drag racing strips nor racing tracks in the country where I live (racing tracks were closed by referendum vote due to environmental concerns and very strict noise pollution laws), and getting caught means losing my driver's license, being convicted of a misdemeanor and fined around $1,000 USD, as well as the vehicle getting permanently confiscated on the spot, hence I have not done any of the PT mode shenanigans on the street.

My understanding from reading the owner's manual is that engine revolution matching is supposed to happen while no lift shift is being performed, but that is not taking place. I have purposely not tried it in PTM 5 because the owner's manual specifically states that none of the PT modes are recommended on the street and I still do not trust the vehicle enough to set it into PTM 5. Do I need to be in PTM 5 for no lift shift to work, or does it work in other modes as well?
It's simply a power shift, foot to the floor while shifting. Did it my first year of ownership, but after mods it ate the clutch fast. It's was a lot of work to,replace the clutch and flywheel so I quit it.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote