View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
How are you racing? If you start from a roll, there are certain speeds that are less than optimal. If you start off slow from a stop, the car will shift into 2nd gear very fast. Then if you decide you wanna go balls to the wall and stomp it, the auto tranny might not downshift back to first (depending on speed) so you'll be stuck powering through 2nd. I've found that during "spirited" driving around town and light to light, paddle shifting seems to make the car feel faster. I love running up 1st gear and paddle shifting into 2nd at high-ish RPMs.

Now if you're drag racing at the strip, I think many will agree that putting it in sport mode and letting the computer shift is best. I paddle shifted during one pass and came out a tenth or two slower. Although, I also shifted late once. I had pretty good results by turning TC OFF, leaving stabil ON and putting the car in sport mode (and letting it shift).

Oh yeah, and since you have the auto, you will benefit greatly from a tune. They can tune the tranny as well and the car will feel a lot better! It's worth it for that, and you can also turn off AFM. AFM is a real bummer.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote