View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 10:49 PM   #148
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Impressive times! As a Camaro fan I'm glad the Camaros beat the Mustangs. But the GT500s 3:00 is still FAST and beat up all those other cars too! That makes both cars incredible value for the money. To be honest here, considering that the 500 may not be as fast around the track as the ZL1, but still faster than all those other vehicles, it is still imo the best performance car for the money you can buy. It beats all those other cars except the ZL1 but when it hits a straight line it dominates. Zl1 is no doubt the better daily but the 500 in strictly performance terms is the better buy.

Now imagine what the future versions of these cars are going to do with the lighter platforms. I mean dude the Boxster S is pretty much a full on sports car and its losing to heavy trucks with car bodies lmao.

5 years ago I would have laughed at people if they thought a Mustang or Camaro could touch a Boxster S around a track.
HUH?? The ZL1 is faster on a road course by a substantial margin, is bar none the more comfortable DD with MR3, and cost over $4500 less than the tested GT500, yet you think the GT500 is the better buy?

Last edited by 69NMYSS; 01-01-2013 at 12:16 AM.
69NMYSS is offline   Reply With Quote