View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #65
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Truth be told, I would rather you buy a Camaro from GM as opposed to a Z06 from somebody. Just because it's new and they need the sales.

But it's not up to me, and that's a real selfish thought to begin with.

If you can test drive both, or even just sit in and around a Camaro at a dealer (around here they're impossible to test drive...even the V6s. )...that would be best. You can decide which car fits you better...which you'd rather invest in...which grabs your emotions better. I think emotions are the primary driver in this debate, otherwise you'd have picked the Z06 already.

Some folks have mentioned looks and attention the Camaro gets as a selling point. You intend to keep this car, I assume the Corvette, too if you go that route -- forever. No one can say for sure, but I'm willing to say the Camaro's celebrity-status will wear down after a few years. And after a decade, attention won't matter anymore because there will be newer, hotter cars on the road. For the long-term outlook, ''attention'' shouldn't even be on the checklist, imo. That's not intended as a knock against the Camaro at all, just something to consider in the grand scheme of things.