View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #9
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkker View Post
Would you be willing to try a v-max ls3 Tb on the same car to compare what the performance gains are between the stock, v-max ported 87mm, and the v-max ls3 90mm? Do not think anyone has posted that kind of testing before.
I called the owner of vmax and spoke to him TODAY because i was not sure what to put on my car.he told me the ported lSA made about 20-25 rwhp(no tune) in the test he did back in 2010..Its posted on line, but that being said he also told me that installing a ls3 ported vmax on a near stock or stock lsa motor will cause you to loose at least 4rwhp from whatever you gain with the ported LSA TB!!yes thats correct the LS3TB will make less RWHP that a ported vmax LSA TB sounds crazy but bigger is not always better.
Now he also told me that a 6.2 LSA (stock Cubic Inches) should never have a 102mm TB on it as per his testing .He said he used to make a custom billet 95 TB and that is the perfect size for that motor(Based on yrs of Testing) If its maxed out fully built,bigger s/c etc Now once the engine size is increased to say a 427 then yes go up to 102mm if you can get it to work without tuning issues closing and all the other B.S..
HE also told that once you have gotten to the point at which i am at (cam) mid (600RWHP )then I should go up to a LS3 vmax port TB..I have done everything or doing everything but the heads...I may sse if nick at fastlane wants to do some testing between the two TB and see the out come, I will let you know by the end of this week..