View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 05:08 PM   #5
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
The problem is the 6th gen blends in with other cars in traffic and doesn't have the muscular presence the 5th gen has unless you option up to a ZL1-1LE. However, if you're going to upgrade, then you might as well upgrade to a ZL1.

The only problem is that's getting up to C8 money. Now, I don't know how you feel about the new C8, but I'd buy a C8 in a heartbeat before getting a 6th gen ZL1. It's mid engine, exotic looking and offers better performance stock.

Then again, you could always buy a 5th gen ZL1 and mod it up 70+hp to 650hp total and have the best of both worlds. Great timeless muscular 5th gen style and great HP numbers. People always like to talk about the weight difference, but at most it's really like 200-250 lbs on most models. The weight of a well built passenger.

Yeah, I know with a 6th gen you get the quick shifting 10 sp auto which is better for drag racing. However, with a C8, you get mid-engine chassis and the dual clutch transmission for sub 3 sec 0-60's bone stock. Unfortunately, it's only a two seater so if you need a little more room you need to buy another car/truck/beater.

Last edited by mikeman; 10-26-2020 at 05:29 PM.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote