View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #112
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
Unless you have mega-rwhp build, that 2.5" neck down connection point between a 3" header collector and a 3" catback can actually help the engine make more TQ. This works because the collectors are then isolated from the rest of the catback system and it "looks like" an open collector to the engines exhaust gas masses and sonic reflections. So why go to the trouble to cut and weld in a 3" replacement section when you very well would cause TQ to fall off?

No offense meant here, and recognizing that this all may sound counter-intuitive, but if willing to forget what you think you know, and consider that what you don't know, is what you don't know...
I know this was addressed towards thahemp, but I feel inclined to comment. I personally can recognize when I don't fully know or understand something. But I also am a creature of passion. Sometimes, I do things solely because I enjoy the thought of it. I understand that I could possibly lose some hp and/or tq by modifying up to a full 3 inch. But for some reason, I just want a full 3 inch system. If I were to definitely lose a significant amount of power, and if that could be undeniably proven, then I would refrain. But the way I see it, there is no significant losses if any losses at all. There are lots of calculations and math to help decide appropriate diameter as we have seen from several members. But sometimes, real world gains vary widely from what you would expect from paper calculations. I feel that a full 3 inch exhaust that eliminates the HF cats will give me a worthwhile boost. And if I'm wrong, then I can always return it to the way it currently sits...no harm done.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote