View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 07:00 PM   #1
bistikDM

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic 2LS
Personalizing a 2015 2LS

Since my wife and I bought the Camaro, I have been wanting to modify it. After lurking around on the forum for almost a year, I've learned a lot about my car. I did not know a lot about cars but I have always been mechanically inclined, love to tinker, figure out how things work, and just learning about something. Luckily my father-in-law is a senior mechanic, so I should be able to learn a thing or two (will not be asking him to work on something, just directions so I can learn). Due to a tight discretionary income budget, mods will take a while so the updates for this thread will be sparse.

I have already installed a CAI intake and an MRT v2 exhaust. I think the next item on the list will be a catch can so that I don't have to worry about engine maintenance as much.

Planning on finishing the whole exhaust system afterward, looking at solo performance high flow cats right now. Also spoke with a few local auto shops and got quoted $300-ish for them to fabricate and install the rest of the exhaust (midpipes? everything in between the cats and muffler). I believe the stock inner diameter is 2.25 inches and the final inner diameter should be 2.5 inches

Planned Mod List:
CAI Intake *done*
MRT V2 Exhaust *done*
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Solo Performance High Flow Cats
"Custom" Pipes
Tune
Rear Diff (Everything)
Brakes
Auto to manual (maybe)
Some sort of forced induction (BIG maybe)

Goal: 300 rwhp (short term), 350-375 rwhp (long term)

Any suggestions are welcomed!
Pictures to come soon!
bistikDM is offline   Reply With Quote