View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #177
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Are you guys just going to fart around with the converter then to get it to lock sooner? What size are you running again (I was thinking a mid-3XXX, but I'm probably thinking of another build).

I see I'm going to learn a lot from your build

Huh?...
Well I was hoping that whatever lessons we learned from all of the research and development done on the SST, Camaro 5 members are able to glean some useful info that may help them out.

The converter should stall in the 3500-3600 range if all works as planned. The only difference is they stuck in a 2.75 first gear ratio so that may change things a little. The torque at this rpm is fairly obscene and we have a transbrake. The converter lockup can be adjusted by the computer controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Even though I'm not going as big as your (nowhere near even halfway), I'm actually learning quite a bit as to what I will need to upgrade or where to look for problems if something goes wrong with my build. So while I can drool and oogle your engine, it's enlightening at the same time. Subscribed.
Your car already makes tons of power...

Well if there is any other data/pics that would help feel free to yell. I guess once it hits the road any weaknesses will be logged and stuck in here for members to use. I am sure there will be some somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
NO kidding,

I was actually thinking about aftermarket fans.... Not now..

I guess that goes back to the R & D statement above. Maybe it could even save members some money... Yeah, that fan stuff was pretty surprising. The Firebird has Spal fans.