View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #14
kfm237

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Ok, I just quickly checked up on the NJ Lemon Law.. It appears that I qualify... They would have to buy back the car at full purchase price plus tax, tags & title fees less a reasonable allowance use based on milage.. The reasonable allowance is the milage when the issue was first documented to the dealer times the purchase price divided by 100,000..

Well I have it 1st documented ( out of the 5 times it's documented ) at 503 miles at two weeks after I purchased the car.. I actually called them up two days after having the car, but it's not documented. So the reasonable allowance is going to work out to something under $200 dollars...

The reasonable allowance rate does not apply to a replacement vehicle, which means a brand new car...

As of now, I have an appointment set up for the regional rep to check the car out. I am going to wait to see what they have to say and offer.. All I want is a comparable camaro, it doesn't have to be the 45th anniversary model.. But if they mess around & play games.. I will sue them more than just for the lemon law... This foul smell makes me feel nauseous and could be toxic for all I know..

I also have it documented by a on duty fireman the day they said it was assembly lube burning off the engine. I had him make sure it wasn't an exhaust leak with the fire departments carbon monoxide detector.. He believed it was plastic or chemical in nature...
kfm237 is offline   Reply With Quote