View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed585Lbs View Post
Here's a photo from post #242 on this topic showing Flowmaster AT's with j-pipes:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...102075&page=10
Thank you BigRed. The picture helps, but unfortunately it did not help the person who posted it. Which raises a few more questions I have as I'm trying to design my own solutions.

1. Size of the J-pipe (3" vs. smaller). In this picture they are using a much smaller size (but it didn't fixe the problem). Does the j-pipe need to match the 3" pipes?

I'm hoping his didn't work because he did not use 3" pipes to match his system, and it does not appear he used the Helmholtz chart...he was at 30", but complaining about 1800rpm drone (so i think he needs to shorten the j-pipes. I'm working on my own design, will post when i finish it for comments.

Here is the Helmholtz chart i'm refering to (i just realized the picture may have been on a V6...in which case the pipe is not long enough):

2. Can someone still clarify if the J-pipe needs to have a "J" at the end, or does it simply need to be the right length per the chart above? I'm planning to build a varible lenth pipe that can grow or shrink about 4". Looking to range between 25-29".
PMJ is offline   Reply With Quote