View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 01:20 AM   #158
octane_n_veins

Drives: 95 Camaro Z28
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Just for future reference, Leftlane News is a little hit-or-miss. There have been a number of Camaro articles they've posted that have been just plain wrong, like saying the Z28 has never been higher than the SS. They are also pretty import-biased, especially their readership, if the comment sections are any good sampling. Anyway unfounded rumors make their way through organizations all the time, so while I don't doubt at all that the sources here are GM employees, perhaps even senior GM employees, that doesn't mean they're directly in the decision making group for the Camaro. I deal with this all the time at my work. We're just about to start on a major overhaul and expansion for one of our properties, and the rumors are flying. Many of them are true, many are close to true, many used to be true, and many are just out of left field. Things change all the time, people gossip (yes even execs) and sometimes things are misunderstood. I totally understand the trust you're placing in these sources, but luckily this time we can breathe a sigh of relief as they have been addressed by someone we know is extremely close to the project.
And may say simi close.

See you on the road in early 2009!
Drive save & fast!
And if you're along for the ride...
"Shut up, keep your head on a swivel, and watch out for cops!"

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/multimedia/