View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 08:24 PM   #57
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Got a wonderful call from the Chevrolet executive office today, was super excited for all of 5 minutes. My rep told me that the dealership had looked at my car: they tightened the rearview mirror, got me another truck release tab/pull thing, were unable to make the car lurch forward when shifting from P to D so they did not fix that one, they couldn't find/make the seat squeak so that problem was also not fixed.

Now the brakes, these guys deserve their own paragraph. For anyone/those who have been following my issues since day one take a look up at my work log that I attached to an earlier post. You'll notice that I mention that the dealership replaced my brake pads, calipers, rotors, etc about a month ago. This was done because they found a TSB stating that if a customer had squeaky/squealing brakes to replace them with ones of a lower metal concentration. Well, the solution that the dealership came up with for my squeaky brakes was to replace my brake pads, calipers, rotors, etc AGAIN. They found the same TSB that the other dealer found a month ago. I mentioned this to my service rep whose response was "well let's just try it again and see what happens."

try it again and see what happens? Eleanor isn't a shop class project that you experiment on until you get it right. Insanity is defined as doing the same action over and over again and expecting different results. I'm sorry. I know there are a bunch of Chevrolet guys on the forum who are huge helps to guys like me (Pete and/or Grunt for example) but this service rep just can't grasp the idea that something is actually wrong here besides what the TSBs cover. Well what I think doesn't really matter to Chevy or the dealer. I'm apparently getting my car back squeak free on Friday or Saturday, after she has spent another week at the dealer. Once again, sorry for the rant.