View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Jessrayo ZL1 build.

Hello,
I'm new to this ZL1 forum and new to the Camaro. I have finally come through to the end of a long drawn out and ugly divorce. Prior to the divorce I had a CTS-V that was highly modified. I regularly ran the car at a local racetrack but honestly the Cadillac takes a lot of work to make it a reasonable track car. Anyway, I was forced to sell the car or pay the ex the entire sum of the modification receipts. So last Saturday I found a used ZL1 in McKinney, Tx, I bought it and on Tuesday it was in the shop. Here is the plan on the build:
6.8 stroker motor with forged crank, rods, and pistons.
Linenfelter Heads, radical camshaft.
Headers, no cats, stock mufflers with bypass switch manual override to "hush" headers
Intercooler upgrade, fuel pump upgrade, transmission swap (manual) to match the output shaft on stroker crank. Various pulleys, injectors, etc to handle the power increases.

Replacing rear linkage suspension bushings, and milling of spacers to run 19" rims that I used for track rubber on CTS-V.

I'm hoping the car will dyno at least 750 whp on 91 octane. Car will have 2 tunes on a hand loader, one for 91 octane and one tune for 110 octane race gas that is sold at my local track.

Build is being done by ADM Performance in Lewisville, TX. Andy is an authorized Lingenfelter builder and distributor and he does great work. Can't say enough about how he works with a customer.

Don't know if I can figure out how to post pics but stick a couple on here.

I tried to put them on as attachments.
Attached Images

Last edited by jessrayo; 05-24-2014 at 09:57 PM.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote