View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 01:52 PM   #35
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
I had the same problem around Christmas time, my car wouldn't pass and I had 4 parameters that were not ready, no codes. I reset the battery about a month before to install an engine component. The car ran fine up to the state inspection time. The inspections asks if I disconnected the battery recently. I said yes, about 3 weeks before. I haven't driven much since then. he advised to take it out and drive it some more. which I did. 300 miles. Still no change. So I took it back and 1 parameter was ready out of the 4 that were "not ready"
I took it to chevy, they said it would take a few more driving cycles before the parameters would set to ready. so I drove some more. Down to 2 after 60 miles.
The advisor said that I may have to drive it under 45-50 mph and drive it another 60 miles. OK, did that. all but one reset. My catalyst was still stating on the scanner, it wasn't ready. I just needed 3 out of the 4 to pass. so I took it back to the inspection station. Turned the car off. it connected the scanner. all 4 back to not ready. WTF???
I drove another 30 miles and came back. didn't turn it off, by that time someone else was in the bay getting inspected. I checked my scanner, 3 out of the 4 parameters were ready. So I left the car running. After 7 minutes, it was my turn. The inspector came out, plugged in his scanner and checked. All parameters ready.....AAW MAN!! it's about time!! Then reinspected the car and it passed!! What a pain!!
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote