View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #48
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
Hmmm high demand!! I would build it sooner...but that was just me, and nothing ever goes my way.
GM would have built it sooner if they could
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlock83 View Post
I am wondering now that gm knows the initial demand if they will start production early?
They wont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
I dont think they can start production earlier and still call it a 2010.
They could start in January and still call it a 2010, but that isn't the reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS One View Post
I would love to see GM start production earlier, but I don't think that it is possible. They are probably still lining-up suppliers and establishing tooling. I read somewhere that the company that was going to make the seats went out of business, causing GM to source a new primary supplier.
That is a big part of it, getting the suppliers to ramp up their production at least. As for that seat manufacturer they closed down one of their plants, there is still another plant at the same site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Of course they can/will start production early. Listen CLOSELY to the podcast on CZ28.

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641795

These dates, including start of production, appear to be worst case scenario, which is what I would have expected. I would guess that by Feb 16th, not only will production have started, but that will be the day the first few hundred, if not first couple thousand, are loaded on semis and pulling out of the Oshawa plant on their way to delivery at a dealer near you... my opinion only.
You heard what you wanted to hear. My opinion only.

I don't mean to sound so negative to all of you, but GM has a schedule: Get visual design done in 2005. Show car in 2006. Engineer the car in 2006. test car in 2007. tweak design in 2007. work out manufacturing details in 2008. build LT/LS/SS in 2009. Offer Z28 in 2010 (). Or something fairly similar.

Point is, after over 3 years of working on a tight schedule, it cant be advanced in the final months. They would have been intending on building the car in feb 2009 as far back as feb 2005. The final announcement would be made only after they knew that they could meet that deadline. Perhaps the initial plan was for fall 2008, or maybe spring 2009. We won't know for sure. But they are going to be building the car when they say. It cant be moved at this point
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote