View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #39
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR1LE View Post
they are both very nice cars and I have said before I would be happy in either one of them. But the facts are still the facts. The 1LE is faster around a race track for far less $$$$$. I just did mot want to spend more and get a slower car as a starting point I would have to work up hill and spend lots of $ on the boss to equal a stock 1LE .For me it did not make good sense to purchase a boss for what I want to do with it. Enjoy your cars as they are both awesome!!!
Oh I agree. The 1LE is a total bargain for the buck... perfect for Stig'meisters so to speak
Got my Boss for 40k on the dot this past May since the '13s were rolling out and there was a '12 on the showroom floor near my neck of the woods. I wasn't even thinking of the Boss since I was shopping for a loaded '13 GT but their prices were breaching 40s already. I really like what Chevy did in producing the 1LE... basically correcting the missing links in a SS. I'm not into complex modifications for now and enjoy these cars straight from the factory. The Camaro I'll likely tinker with a little more (CAI, more bolts ons, etc.) but the Boss is already a great all-around package for what it is... and it sounds like nirvana with the stock quad exhausts and the high-breathing high-revving robust engine.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote