View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
TRSS2

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT Black RS
Got Pulled over...

I bought some blackout vinyls for my camaro and thought they were legal... evidentally not. I quote "nothing but OEM red is legal" then the officer stated its fine for car shows and what not... just aggrivated, then i politely offered to take them off right then and there, and the officer was pleased with that, he did not notice the exact same vinyls on my fron and rear side markers and turn signals, I intend to take those off now, so no more trouble with arise. I was going for the murdered out look... guess that dream went up in smoke. The vinyls i got were totally black (not tinted, pitch black) but there are a plethora of small holes, therefore allowing the full intensity of the original lights to be shown through... i was under the impression that as long as you can see the tail lights from 50 or 100 feet away you were fine(i read it somewhere cant recall)... I would thoroughly appreciate some insight or exact quote from florida state law on such things, I am not the type to take it to court to make it a point, besides he only gave me a warning. In which I am appreciative of.
AAC interior red dome lights, footwell lights, SMD wheel well lights, led pods, afterburners(SMD), RED/WHITE halo headlights and fog lights, Nite Rider scanner times 2, illuminated bowtie, T-REX black phantom billet grill upper and lower, had vinyl blackouts-they turned out to be illegal . Soon to have LTLAudio door projectors.
TRSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote