View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #17
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonbrador View Post
Are you still going tomorrow?
Oops, didn't see this and yes I did. I plan to go again even after this Sunday, I am hooked. It is so cool even just hanging out in the lanes.

I provided some comic relief Tuesday night when I staged with my rear tires. Doh! I was fooling around tuning the radio to the Atco band and passed the lights. So the next tires that staged were my rears. The announcer did not think I deserved such a big advantage over the old Mustang and told me so. He was right it really wasn't a race.

It started out very disappointing with big wait times. But around 9:30 things opened up and I was able to make runs without the long wait.

One thing I did different about then was get up to the front of the street lanes. What a difference! There must have been much less water at the tree and some good rubber from the track cars. My launches were so much cleaner although still hovering around 2.1.

Also I am no longer thinking so much when driving the quarter. It's starting to just flow. My last three runs were all around 13 flat with my first 12 second run. Just barely at 12.999 but I will take it!

I sill need to work on my launch and my shift points. With my mods there must be at least another half second in the car. I am car 3101 below.