View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
First thing you 'll need to figure out is how to run it! Simple plug and play won't work and I'd imagine you'll have a mile or two of wiring to figure out if you plan to run the ECU from the donor car. Solution...stand alone ($$$$)

Second...if you are running the SC only, will the manifold bolt up to your block? How are you going to drive it (the SC...it's a roots-type right) and is there a belt that fits it? (Custom fab work...$$$$) Do you have AC and if not, can the system run

Fuel is your next issue...larger injectors will be needed and will your engine take the extra power? Will they fit in your fuel rail? What's the solution? Also...will the ECU pull timing and all? Potential to blow this thing up goes way up once you add F/I!

If you plan to pull the motor and run it then you'll have to custom fab the mounts for not only the engine, but the tranny too (maybe...IDK those engines too well). Also...the ECU and wiring will have to be completely redone. Even your dash cluster will be affected buy an ECU swap and may not work right!

IDK much about the 3.1 but I'd think this would not be easy as pull it off and put it on! Heck, I added the GMPP SC (M62) to my ride and it was a day install and still had to get the tuning done! Total cost was about $3K!

Dont' be fooled you can just plug this thing in...in most cases you'll spend more money and time than it's worth.

My 2 cents.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote