View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #12
BMWDavid

Drives: Porsche Carrera, Subaru BRZ, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Your order probably won't move until the dedicated allocation weeks for ZL1. This week is a ZL1 only allocation week for Camaro. If your order doesn't move to placed or in system by Tuesday, it means that your dealer hasn't earned a ZL1 allocation.

As for ECF, the actual number that they're building this week is all over the place. Becky shows that they're only building 1 nationally but my report shows that they're building 137 with ECF.

Hopefully your dealer has earned an allocation and your order will picked up. If not, you'll have to play the waiting game and hope they get an allocation or you might have to order with a different dealer that has a better shot of getting ZL1 allocations.

I was lucky as we got an allocation on the last ZL1 cycle for one with ECF. I was also lucky because I asked for an extra ZL1 and they gave it to me so we have 2 ECF ZL1s being built this week.
Would someone please expain this whole allocation thing. It seems to me that if a dealer had a sold order the factory would honor it and schedule a build.

I've never understood this allocation issue. Even if cars are limited in quantity it seems only fair that a customer after placing an order at any dealer should be able to get one...up until the total build for the year is met.

This whole thing really screws over the customer that lives in a rural area as their dealers typically are smaller.

Anyway that is my rant for the day!
BMWDavid is offline   Reply With Quote