View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #10
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
I'm partial to the instant power of a supercharger. You don't have turbo lag. I had a Whipple 1600ax twin screw supercharger put on the EG33 Boxer-6 in my Subaru SVX. I had you be careful taking off and cornering at the same time. Too much throttle and the bypass would close giving an instand 9psi. I had an STi, rear biased tranny in it. The rear tires would instantly let go and snap the car around 180 degrees. It took me a few auto-x's to get use to that.

I think, personally, when I'm ready to boost, I'm going with the Edelbrock E-force system. It's i nice clean, low profile system. Though, it doesn't make quite as much power as some of it's compeditors.
This is the V6 section so the only superchargers available are centrifugal... so it's not going to be "instant power"... boost on a centri comes on very linearly as the RPMs go up...

A properly sized turbo(s) really shouldn't have any lag...

I have owned and driven centrifugal supercharged cars... and now I've got a couple turbo vehicles in the driveway... I would have a hard time going back to a centri...

to OP, we've seen a few guys with STS kits here... most seem to have some issues with the installs and a fair amount of work to get them "right"... Personally I would avoid STS... IMHO...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote