Thread: I messed up#!$!
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 01:56 PM   #26
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Fresh Car Care View Post
First time I think ill disagree with ya AJ.

I said polish will heat up and bead causing damage. You can cause heat on foam pads with a DA. When polish heats up on the pad, it will cause it to bead and form small microscopic rocks in the foam pad, swirling the paint.

Especially using a compound!
SFCC
Everything you posted right there is true. We see eye to eye on that. Here's the problem with what you posted. You can't significantly heat up anything with a PC. I have worked shows in blazing hot, direct sunlight in places like Arizona and the pad on the PC never got significantly hot enough to do anything remotely dangerous. The compound started dusting because the surface of the car was so hot that it began to dry out the compound very quickly. The PC is NOT a machine that will heat up a pad like that. If it was, it wouldn't take forever and a day to fix any major damage. If a person is working in the CORRECT environment and creating dust with the PC, HEAT is not the issue. The issue is that their pad is clogged with too much compound or they are over-working the compound.

Heat why a rotary is SO effective. The pad gets so hot that it can practically MELT the clear coat off of the car, and it can do it FAST. That's major heat. If you make the mistake of moving the polisher slow enough at the wrong RPM's, smoke will actually roll off the pad.

If ANYONE can do that with a PC, I will personally fly to their location and fix their entire paint job for FREE. Take that to the bank.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote