View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 01:29 PM   #7
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksw_ View Post
So im a diesel truck guy so every truck I've gotten one of the first things i do is take the egr off. i know in diesel trucks taking it off helps reduce engine wear and all that fun stuff but im not sure the same applies to the camaro. would taking it off be beneficial of does it not matter? and i need new suspension what are yall's suggestions?
I wouldn't worry about it, unless it clogs and starts to throw P codes on you. You would need block-off plates, remove the hoses, and a tune to remove the codes from the PCM. Tuning a 96 gets funky, as you have to use a 97 PCM sometimes. I don't think it's worth it unless you are having troubles with the system. Being as old as the car already is, you won't be keeping the engine any cleaner by removing it now.

KYB makes pretty nice struts for the car, with OEM style springs would ride nice. Also make sure you check the rear bump stops, as those tend to degrade really quickly on these cars and make the car sound like it's bottoming out over bumps.

Just noticed your profile says it's a convertible. Get a subframe connector too. I believe BMR makes a nice tubular one for your car.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote