View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 05:26 AM   #44
Ciscokid

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
SGC - Spare Tire Delete

Never heard of this option. Do they just supply car with no spare tire? do you get a credit, or what is the reason for deleting the spare tire?
Spare tire isn't really needed and you get a temp repair kit that isn't really needed.

I had a tire go flat, hit a piece of metal on the freeway.
The car has a temp repair kit that doesn't really work for large holes. The sealant goes right out the hole.

Point of the story, I called onstar, told them what happened. They connect me with GM roadside assist. Roadside assist asked me a few questions, they confirmed the exact location of the car via GPS, took my cell number and sent me text messages telling me exactly when the tow truck would arrive. Truck showed up exactly 35 minutes later. I was watching the time, had to if someone is sending me messages giving me an update.

While on the phone with the assist rep I was a little concerned they would send out a truck and lift up the front so I requested a flatbed, the rep told me that the car type is already flagged in their system to dispatch a flatbed.
The tow truck driver took me to my preferred dealer for the repairs. The preferred dealer was 45 miles away.

I know folks don't want to pay for onstar but you really can't beat what you get with it even if you have to pay a $200 per year.
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote