View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #53
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10redrocket View Post
I didn't see which tires the Mustang was running so I'm not sure if the comparison was fair.
However the ZL1 comes with Ultra-High Performance tires (Eagle F1 Supercar G2's) meant for summer. The hotter the environment the better the traction will be. I can't remember where I read this but here it is, these tires are not supposed to be used in temps below 50 degrees and should never be stored at temps less than 20 degrees. Not sure why but I'm guessing that at such a low temp the structure/chem makeup of the tire is altered.

For you SS guys with the Perrelis. Have you noticed that the cooler the pavement the worse your traction is?

Also, this type of tire absolutely sucks at the strip, even on a hot day.

Let the temperature debate begin, LOL!
What is...fair?

I'd consider factory-spec "fair" when considering these sorts of reviews. No need to search for details and try to invalidate the comparison.

I've always held that these articles were for entertainment value-only. This is no different. It just so happens the ZL1 came out on top in many of them. Good to see for a change.

Thanks for posting these, guys -- and thanks for adding them to the homepage Tran, was able to catch them at work! Made my day!!