View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 07:46 PM   #28
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Reviving this thread.

I have two soaps I really like now.

For pre-foaming and rinsing, Carpro Reset. This removes most all the dirt/film after foaming and rinsing, I haven't found a pre-cleaner that works better. It's designed for use with a coated car, or a car that has silica protection on it, like Reload or Hydrofoam.

It probably wouldn't work with a traditional polymer sealant or carnauba wax. Would most likely strip them. Been using this for many months now, and noticed on last annual polishing session a reduction in wash marring.
I believe this soap is the reason why, less dirt on the car before you touch it, less chance to cause marring.

I bought a gallon of Britemax Clean Max shampoo from AG on one of their cyber deals during Black Friday. Yesterday I used it. My car hadn't been washed for almost two weeks due to weather, and working OT. Rained and snowed during this period so car was dirty. It cleaned the wheels easily. Did a great job on the paint as well.

It also rinses clean very easily, and has a lot of lubricity, my mitt glided across the surface very well.

Suds are about average, nothing special, but this isn't a big deal for me.

It smells like grape soda, which was kind of weird, I initially felt like I was washing my car with NEHI grape soda, and kept waiting for the mitt to grab.

I suppose that during the spring and summer months, it will draw bugs to the car while washing from the smell. This would be the only drawback I could find in it.

It is a bit pricey at 45.99/gallon normal price, I got it for 1/2 this price during the sale. I'd look for it on one of AG's 25% off/free shipping sales, as I doubt they will have it 1/2 price again any time soon if you want to try it.

Excels at cleaning, lubricity, and clean rinsing. A fantastic shampoo.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 12-12-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote